Menu
mjf69
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Making TIVO better

is there a sticky thread for ideas to be sent to TIVO to try and make it better because to me its actually one of the worst pieces of software and clunky hardware i have used in a long time .

the catch up service on the old HD box is far superior

why doesnt it automatically put you or at least ask if you want to watch in HD ? (humax freeview box does this )

TV guide should start from the current channel you are on not revert to the top

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Making TIVO better

it starts from the current channel in the mini guide, I like it starting at the top as what you were watching has no bearing on what you want to watch next

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I agree with danny that starting at the top is more logical. I have other TV/boxes that resume at the current channel and I find that irritating.

As regards the other point, I am not sure I understand it. The iPlayer can be configured to play HD by default while for other channels I use the backwards EPG and select the HD version of the channel rather than it's SD variant.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maybe there should be a choice, as I find it irritating that it starts at the top and not current channel.

Yes, the mini-guide does, but I don't like using the mini guide, I like the full guide, look down the channels, select channel to see if I do like it, if not go back to full guide and carry on down and so on.

Wouldn't be so bad, if when you select the channel it didn't go full screen, just remained in guide with the channel showing in the corner, so you can see if that is something you do want to watch, if it isn't scroll down again in guide, or if it is, press OK again.

The box does need speeding up, it has always been a sluggish thing, 5 addresses and 4 Tivo boxes and all sluggish.

Apps are terribly slow at loading up and using.  So again speed up.

Either have all the HD versions next to the SD versions using same channel number or have option to always use HD version of a channel, something along those lines.

Virgin always seem to have a half-hearted approach to their TV service, a rip-off/fleecing approach to their phone line service and a cram them all in approach to their broadband service.  As for the mobile service, they've made a right pigs ear of the online account access.

Virgin Media never come across as a company that really know what they are doing, it's like they are just playing at being a media company.

As for being a communications company, they are extremely useless at communicating or communicating with.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BexTech wrote:

Maybe there should be a choice, as I find it irritating that it starts at the top and not current channel.

Don't disagree, was simply pointing out to the OP that there are different opinions. 

Yes, the mini-guide does, but I don't like using the mini guide, I like the full guide, look down the channels, select channel to see if I do like it, if not go back to full guide and carry on down and so on.

Wouldn't be so bad, if when you select the channel it didn't go full screen, just remained in guide with the channel showing in the corner, so you can see if that is something you do want to watch, if it isn't scroll down again in guide, or if it is, press OK again.

That sounds like a reasonable idea.

The box does need speeding up, it has always been a sluggish thing, 5 addresses and 4 Tivo boxes and all sluggish.

Not really an issue with mine.

Apps are terribly slow at loading up and using.  So again speed up.

Don't use the apps much. I have noticed that the iPlayer is slower to load since the 30-day change but have seen the same thing elsewhere, my Sony TV for one.

Either have all the HD versions next to the SD versions using same channel number or have option to always use HD version of a channel, something along those lines.

Never been able to understand why this is an issue. I tend to remember the channels numbers for most of the channels I tend to use, I ignore the SD versions where the HD is available. For others I can quickly find what I am looking for in my Favourites.

Virgin always seem to have a half-hearted approach to their TV service, a rip-off/fleecing approach to their phone line service and a cram them all in approach to their broadband service.  As for the mobile service, they've made a right pigs ear of the online account access.

Virgin Media never come across as a company that really know what they are doing, it's like they are just playing at being a media company.

As for being a communications company, they are extremely useless at communicating or communicating with.

I find it difficult to argue with this.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
BexTech
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have a terrible memory Smiley Sad  Manage to remember just a few channel numbers.

I have to post notes on my front door to remember things, kids find that funny, and that's when I remember to post them, have to put things in the calendar of my phone / tablet too otherwise, I'll just forget. 

0 Kudos