Menu
Fruitbat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

MY SHOWS - Pink bar

A pink bar has started to appear to the left of the date of some of the recorded programmes in the My Shows list.  Does anyone know what this is intended to signify?

In the attached image, the bar appears against the third programme in the list - I've added a red arrow to point out the bar.

IMG_0484 Edit.jpg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: MY SHOWS - Pink bar

On my TiVo it indicates how far through a part viewed recording has been watched. 

sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

did you check other recordings in folders or one off's?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have just stopped watching a grouped recording part way through to check this.  And yes, that appears to be the way it works.  Whether it is supposed to work that way, I have no idea.   Now back to my programme. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Fruitbat wrote:

I don't have a "partially watched" group in my list, only:  HD Recordings; Recently Deleted Recordings; What to Watch Now; Getting the most out of TiVo; You Tube.

These groups are all user options to be set or unset as you like.  Click on My Shows > press green > select Left column > Tick in the partially watched category > press green again and confirm your option changes. 

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

On my TiVo it indicates how far through a part viewed recording has been watched. 

Fruitbat
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

That was my first reaction, but I've checked other part-viewed programmes in the My Shows list and there's no bar showing.  Also, I haven't watched this programme yet.

I've just done some experimenting with this programme and by pressing play then stop, the bar disappears.  If I fast-forward, the bar progresses as you suggest.  If I then press play and choose the "from the beginning" option, the bar fills, as if I've watched the whole programme.

I've also tried this on another programme I have watched, but no bar appears, no matter what I try.

So you may be right Graham, but it's very inconsistent.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

did you check other recordings in folders or one off's?

Fruitbat
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi sjp123,

The programme that has the bar is in a folder.  The one without the bar is a one-off.

I've just played with another programme in a folder and a bar appears, and then I played with another one-off and no bar appears.   Is that the way it's supposed to work?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have just stopped watching a grouped recording part way through to check this.  And yes, that appears to be the way it works.  Whether it is supposed to work that way, I have no idea.   Now back to my programme. 

Fruitbat
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham.

Bit bizarre that the progress bar appears against individual shows within a group, but not against those that have been recorded as a one-off.

At least I know now that it's not something to be concerned about.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

IIRC, There's a setting under the green button to enable the watched bar on individual recordings but I'm not interrupting my show to look for it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

There is a 'partially watched' group in the My Shows menus which shows the progress bar regardless of whether it is a series link recording or a one off.

Fruitbat
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Can't find this option under the green button on my TiVo - only sort by name or date; available space yes or no; left column hide or show.

0 Kudos