Menu
ovo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loud clicking noises and starting up problems

Last night I got 10 minutes into playback of a recorded programme, the picture froze, then pixilated followed by very loud clicking noises and a black screen.

The TIVO then displayed all its lights and went to the Starting Up screen, but never actually restarted.

I did a reboot and deleted the problem programme and so far have had no further reoccurrence.

Can a fault at the time of recording produce this effect, or is it always a sign of a more serious hard disk issue?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loud clicking noises and starting up problems

Hi ovo,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® box has had a problem with a recording like this.  I have taken a look into this for you to find the cause of this fault.

There is a signal issue that needs taking care of by one of our engineers and also there is an error on the hard drive status.  In order to get this resolved I will be happy to organise for an engineer to call round for you.

I'll send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
beejeh
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like could be a hard disk problem, they often click like that when they are failing or have failed.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ovo,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® box has had a problem with a recording like this.  I have taken a look into this for you to find the cause of this fault.

There is a signal issue that needs taking care of by one of our engineers and also there is an error on the hard drive status.  In order to get this resolved I will be happy to organise for an engineer to call round for you.

I'll send the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Collette. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

ovo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Colette, Many thanks for your advice, PM replied to.
Regards,Sid
0 Kudos