Menu
PaulWebber
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lost recordings

Returned from hols. Series link was on while away.Usage was over 90% when I got back but lost stuff that I wanted to keep - concerts etc.They are not in recently deleted and also tried rebooting. Where have they gone?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost recordings

Recordings in the Recently Deleted file take up space (so that they can be recovered if required) but when you need space for future recordings you need space so putting your old recordings into Recently deleted would not gain any space, hence why they are completely, unrecoverably deleted.

BTW The Recently Deleted file is the first space to be recovered, before your real, unwatched recordings but obviously in your case that didn't make enough space for your future recordings, hence your situation.

With limited space on a device, when that space is running out, you have two choices - stop recording new things or manage the existing space by deleting things. TiVo does the latter.

Would you be angry if you had come back and found that TiVo hadn't recorded the things you wanted recording when you were away?

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

When TiVo approaches full, it will delete old recordings to make way for the recordings that you have asked it to record via series links.

0 Kudos
PaulWebber
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wish I'd known that as lost lots of concerts I wanted to keep. Why do they not appear in recently deleted so that I can delete some of the series link recordings and reinstate the stuff I want back?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If they were put in Recently Deleted the space wouldn't be recovered for re-use, would it?

0 Kudos
PaulWebber
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thought I could then delete other recordings to make space available to reinstate the ones I wanted to keep. But they've completely disappeared!

0 Kudos
PaulWebber
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone from Virgin explain what's happened to the recordings? Suspect they were deleted to make way for the series recordings that took place while I was on hols but why are they not in recently deleted to enable me to restore- -after freeing up space?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Recordings in the Recently Deleted file take up space (so that they can be recovered if required) but when you need space for future recordings you need space so putting your old recordings into Recently deleted would not gain any space, hence why they are completely, unrecoverably deleted.

BTW The Recently Deleted file is the first space to be recovered, before your real, unwatched recordings but obviously in your case that didn't make enough space for your future recordings, hence your situation.

With limited space on a device, when that space is running out, you have two choices - stop recording new things or manage the existing space by deleting things. TiVo does the latter.

Would you be angry if you had come back and found that TiVo hadn't recorded the things you wanted recording when you were away?

PaulWebber
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie - your reply makes sense. I obviously didnt consider that series links set were going to take up so much space. Next time I go away, I'll only set series links for things I really need as I deleted many of them when I got home anyway! (Wife's daily soaps!) Just a shame I lost all of the concerts I wanted to keep. Live and learn!