Menu
mitch84
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lost picture help

Hi

Watching TV and suddenly the screen went blank, no picture at all but we could still hear sound and changing channels was the same, could control the box but just no picture at all.

Rebooted the tivo fixed it but does anyone though what would cause this?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost picture help

Hi there mitch84, 

I'm really sorry to hear that there was a hiccup with the TV service the other night, I've run some testing on your connection and can see no reason for this at all. 

All your power levels appear to be spot on, and the hard drive is not reporting any issues what so ever. 

I can not explain what happened here for you, unless there was a momentary dip in the signal. Should this keep happening please let me know and we can investigate this further for you. 

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
roy5051uk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Getting message "Lost Picture - Please wait a moment or try changing channel"  affects channels 108-120 inclusive

0 Kudos
roy5051uk
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Eventually got through to a Human Being on the phone (after a wait of some 16 minutes, having previously been informed that the wait would only be 3 minutes!), and explained the situation.

I was told this was a known fault, and it was corrected remotely within 3 minutes by the Human Being.

Can I ask why this "known fault" is not advertised on the website, with a direct number to a Human Being so that it may be corrected quickly, without having to wait on the phone listening to excrutiating music for 16 minutes?  PLEASE!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi roy5051uk,

Thanks for posting.

I sincerely apologise for the problems you've experienced with losing channels 108-120. There's obviously a lot of content missing when these channels go down.

I've managed to locate your account to check this out. The system was reporting a local SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault in the area. These aren't put on our service status page because they usually don't affect that many customers.

When the call was passed to an agent it was found out the SNR fault was not the cause of your problem. All they did to resolve the fault was send signals to update the box.

All TV faults go through the same line I'm afraid whether big or small. I apologise once again for the inconvenience caused on this occasion and hope that's the end of the problem. Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos