Menu
BuddyL
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lost channels / recordings

Have recently upgraded to a Tivo box approx. 1 month ago and I am on the most basic package.

I have only set one programme to record but the box seems to record random channels and programmes.

Also, last night (1st Dec) checking through `My Favourites`, several programmes have suddenly `greyed out` and become unavailable. I've refreshed the box/list but nothing has changed. The missing channels are still available on Freeview, I can watch them on my upstairs TV and they were there 2 nights ago but have now disappeared.

Any information and advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost channels / recordings

The box will record Suggestions (which can be disabled) although they don't count in terms of space available to record your own shows.

Out of interest, which channels are they?

I wonder if you too have been caught out by one of the promotions which run occasionally, enabling additional channels for a period.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
BuddyL
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi printer elf

Thanks for the reply.

The greyed out channels are standard Freeview programmes - CBS reality, CBS action, CBS drama and the Horror channel. We've been watching these for years before we acquired the TIVO box and, as I said, our upstairs TV is still able to receive no problems.

Thanks for the info about the `Suggestions` setting

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've checked the channel listings per package, and I suspect you're receiving the basic TV package (now branded as Player TV).

The channels you mention are only available on the next package up (Mix TV), so I believe they were part of a promotional offer.

Unfortunately due to the nature of VM's closed network, what is on Freeview (which itself is still a commercial platform), doesn't necessarily appear on VM's Freeview-esque package.

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The recent channel promotions:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Extra-Channels-free-this-weekend/m-p/3226879/highlight...

0 Kudos
BuddyL
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for that info

0 Kudos