Menu
sabyasachisen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lost Smartcard on additional box

Hello, we have 2 TiVo boxes - one with recording and another for multi room. My little boys have managed to successfully hide the smart card from this other TiVo box (not the main + one). Could you please send me a replacement card as that box is kept in the boys' playroom and now they cannot view any channels. Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost Smartcard on additional box

TiVo boxes don't actually need Smartcards any more. They were updated last year to be 'cardless' and new boxes don't come with one.

If you remove an existing Smartcard from a TiVo box it would still work, so if it's not then something else has happened. Or your additional box isn't a TiVo box, but is an older V box (possibly a V HD box) which does need a Smartcard still.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
sabyasachisen
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I got the 2 boxes 3 years ago so definitely have the old ones which require smart cards. Can you help fix the situation I find myself now?
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo does not use smartcards anymore - either the old boxes or the new ones. If you have a TiVo with no channels then it is a different issue.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You'd need to phone in for assistance. 150 free from a virgin phone or 03454541111

0 Kudos