Menu
Matthewjones218
Just browsing
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Loss of picture and sound

Hi, I have seen this elsewhere on the board, have had my TiVo for only a matter of weeks, the installation team used 3 boxes before they found one that worked, after they left I had no hd channels or on demand service, after a week I had an engineer visit, who took over an hour of checking connections before he realised that box was faulty too abd installed another. So that's 4 boxes in a few weeks. Then this morning I turned on my TiVo, can see guide, channel info, subtitles etc, but no tv picture and no sound. I've had very short bursts of sound but nothing else. I've reset it using the button, tried pulling the plug, tried standby numerous times (over an hour), used the diagnostic tool and found no errors. Any suggestions on what is going on? I was with sky for 6 years with no problems, switched to virgin because I liked the look of the TiVo box and think I've made the wrong decision
0 Kudos
Matthewjones218
Just browsing
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of picture and sound

To add, I just did another reset using the buttons, this time when it came back on picture and sound flashed up for a second then off again
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

call back in and use the "Thinking of leaving" option, they may not be open today but you'll end up in a UK call centre - explain your situation and ask that this be logged in such a way that you get a more "second level" support approach to checking things out.

could be that your signals are out of whack but I'd hope that at least one of the engineers would have thought of that.

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Or your hdmi/scart cables? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matthewjones218

Welcome to the Community, a massive apology from me for the service you've received lately and I'd like to do everything I can to get this fixed.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the TiVo box from our end, we're not detecting any issues with your signal levels or physical issues at the moment. 

Are you still only able to view the TV guide and mini guide? Fingers crossed this has resolved itself but if you need any continued support, I'll be here.

Happy new year and take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos