Menu
brianglenister
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loss of connection

I have two TiVo boxes. One is in daily use with no problems except that it just refuses to delete some programs we recorded. The other  box doesn't  get used for several days on occasions and when it has started up the Guide shows all programs "to be announced". so I try the recommended connection procedure, however this is stopped in its tracks with the message "network cable unplugged". But the network cable is not unplugged! everything is plugged in and in fact one channel is working which surely it wouldn't if the the thing wasn't all plugged in and all connected. Getting a bit cheesed off with having to reconnect the thing every time its turned off for a few days and now this new stumbling block as come on the scene.

Any suggestions

Brian Glenister

Woking

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of connection

Hi brianglenister,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. I'm really sorry to hear that things haven't been perfect with your TiVo service. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post. Are you still having problems with your second TiVo?

I've been able to run remote tests to both of your TiVo boxes and everything looks fine. I'm not seeing any signal problems. hard-drive failures or errors. 

Please let me know if you are still having a problem with this and I'll look into this further.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
brianglenister
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

Am pleased to report that all systems are go again. Like to know what caused that hiccup. However, some programs we have recorded then deleted when finished with, refuse to be deleted. This occurs on the box in daily use. Thanks for your input

Regards

Brian G

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi brianglenister,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your TiVo not deleting your recordings. I'd like to look into this further.

Please let me know the following:

Are you deleting from My Recordings by pressing the Clear button on the remote, or going into the listing and choosing Delete from the menu?

When this happens, please check the network connection: Home >Settings >Network>View Network Status  (I want to check if your TiVo is losing the network connection when this happens). 

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos