Menu
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Losing Signal and pixelation

Over the past few weeks I've been plagued with pixelation and loss of signal especially on BBC2 at lunchtime and in the evenings.

I called 150 and was sent a replacement box. After installing that and losing all my saved programmes and settings I discovered that there were still issues.

I called 150 again and this time an engineer visited. It appears this is a longstanding local issue but can't report it as a ticketed job as they can't fix it in the allowed time of 7 days. They are working on it but today I lost all signal during the rugby international and E4 HD has been on and off tonight.

KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Losing Signal and pixelation

Another reset needed this morning after a flashing green light and no signal on any channel. This has been going on for too long and is getting intolerable. I'll remember this poor service when charges go up again in the future.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello KalamakiBob,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to learn about the issues you're experiencing with the signal.

I have checked the signals from here and everything looks okay so please let us know whether it's still happening so we can chase it up for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The engineer/technician that came also said that they couldn't see any problem at that point in time but apparently other people in the area had reported similar happenings.  I've been too busy to watch much TV in the last day or so but the box is powering up overnight so I suspect something is going on along the feed.  

The fact that this fault has been going on for quite a time without being officially recorded has caused some disruption.  I had a TiVo box with numerous saved programmes and recording settings. I've had to try to redo all that for future setting but I have lost recordings and had to replace the box when it wasn't needed. I'm sure this has resulted in some loss for VirginMedia if only the cost of a replacement box.

0 Kudos
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

A week on and things have settled(tempting fate?). Had a day of intermittent broadband service Thursday/Friday which had me tearing my hair out as system check showed no issues.
Still no contact/warnings from VirginMedia but there's been a few pink hi vis jackets up and down the street recently!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello KalamakiBob,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad things have settled for you, sounds like there was work going on in your area so if there's any further problems just let me know.

All the best.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lost signal and pixelation again about 12:20 today. On and off for about 30 minutes or so. BBC 2 again.
Works must still be ongoing?
0 Kudos
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This morning I'm getting a C501 error.
Tried the 'Connect to the Virgin Media Service now' as described for others with this issue and it 'failed whilst negotiating'
Not sure what this means but I'm not a fan of Virgin Media at the moment. I was a customer of Sky since they started and I've had more problems with VM in a week than I had with Sky in all those years.
0 Kudos
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And now TiVo services on my box are either not working or freezing. Couldn't set up a series link and just got the 'waiting' rotating bars.

This service has now been below standard for over a month now and this is not acceptable. Calling 150 gets you nowhere as the faults aren't visible/recorded.
0 Kudos
KalamakiBob
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No 'on Demand' or 'Catch Up' all day. I wonder what part of the service will be faulty tomorrow?
0 Kudos