Menu
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Longer coax required please..

Hi

Had VM services as part of the quick start package.delivered and self installed.

I need a longer coax cable for the Tivo box as I wish to move this to the other side of the living room and tack the cable around the skirting.

Can a length of cable be sent out if I provide the required amount?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Longer coax required please..

Hi gary_dexter,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

We're unable to send out individual pieces of coax cable.  We'd need to arrange for an engineer to call round and do this for you.  This would be a chargeable visit which is £99.

If you'd like to go ahead with this, give our team a call on 150 Free from and Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line and we can arrange this for you no problem.

Have a lovely week end.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
malbin
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Have you looked on eBay, search for "virgin media cable" there are loads on there in different lengths.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is no guarantee the cable being sold is up to scratch, & the correct type of connectors need to be used & fitted correctly or noise ingress will result. Also even adding a few metres of cable will change the upstream & downstream levels & may degrade services. If the alteration had been requested at the time of install, the engineer visit cost would have been half the non-fault callout charge that may now be charged.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos