Menu
Bean234
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Locking youtube

Hi

I ha e been trying to lock the youtube app on my tivo box for so.etime now and dont seem to be able to do this .

My 7 yearold son is going on it in the morning when he gets up and i am having to get up to check what he is watching .

I would love it if i could lock the app . I have managed to lock the channel on the channel guide .

Some help with this would be much apriciated as he is only 7 and watchi g things that are not suitable for him

Cheers
Bean234
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locking youtube

Hi Bean234,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this.

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to block the YouTube app entirely. You can, however, block certain content within the app to maintain your child's safety while using it.

In the YouTube app, go to the settings and select Settings, then enable Restricted Mode.

Hope this Helps Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
thor
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I asked about this on this forum about 6 weeks ago and was told that it was removed to improve performance and I have been waiting ever since for further information.

I have not noticed any type of improvement so I think the ability to lock the youtube app be brought back. It won't make a difference.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thor,

Many thanks for your message, I hope you're well.

We're always striving to give the best experience and appreciate any feedback, the YouTube lock is something we're still working on and whilst I know this isn't the answer you may be looking for, once we do have any new information we'll be sure to let everyone know. 

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Raelik
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

YouTube being a place which (from what I understand) only 13 y/o plus should be using. Don't you think that it's irresponsible of those involved, to have removed such a lock from a family entertainment system??

Microsoft, for example, have a brilliant age restriction system in place on the Xbox One game system.

Why on earth would anyone think it's safe for YouTube to be free to use for all ages??
Do these people not have children??
How does someone make an official complaint about this?
Seriously?
0 Kudos