Menu
hansi
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Locked Tivo box

I recently went on holiday for two weeks and had lots of programmes set to record on my Tivo Box. When I returned , I noticed that there were two recording lights showing, but I was unable to do anything with the box using the remote, as it was totally locked. The only option was to reboot, and when I came back on, I saw that none of my recordings was on the list. Instead, on the Recording Hiccups page, there was a long list of the programmes which I had set to record with a note saying "not recorded due to power loss" I have checked and there was no power loss while I was away. I was livid and rang VM and the lady did a few checks and said she would ring back in 24 hours to check if everything was ok. Of course, she did not ring back and I have now lost two weeks of recordings. Also, most of the channels had "to be announced" in the programme page.

I am absolutely furious about this and wish I still had my V+ Box which always behaved! I am looking for someone at Virgin to sort this out for me and to compensate me for my lost recordings. Some hope!!!!

0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked Tivo box

Still waiting for someone from VM to ring me. The service is a joke!

0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Locked Tivo Box

I recently went on holiday for two weeks and had lots of programmes set to record on my Tivo Box. When I returned , I noticed that there were two recording lights showing, but I was unable to do anything with the box using the remote, as it was totally locked. The only option was to reboot, and when I came back on, I saw that none of my recordings was on the list. Instead, on the Recording Hiccups page, there was a long list of the programmes which I had set to record with a note saying "not recorded due to power loss" I have checked and there was no power loss while I was away. I was livid and rang VM and the lady did a few checks and said she would ring back in 24 hours to check if everything was ok. Of course, she did not ring back and I have now lost two weeks of recordings. Also, most of the channels had "to be announced" in the programme page.

I am absolutely furious about this and wish I still had my V+ Box which always behaved! I am looking for someone at Virgin to sort this out for me and to compensate me for my lost recordings. Some hope!!!!

Second post. First one got no response!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked Tivo box

Hi hansi,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back yet about the fault you reported and that you lost a lot of recordings.

I am keen to help get this sorted for you.

I have carried out some checks remotely with the box and there are errors with the TiVo® box.  In order to get this fixed I will arrange for an engineer to call out and fix this for you.

I will send you all the details in a private message.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos