Menu
wartroll54
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Lock a recording on Tivo

Is it possible for me to lock a recording on the Tivo box to stop ME from deleting it? 

I know that I can recover deleted recordings on Tivo BUT that requires me noticing that I've deleted it!

I want to be able to lock the odd recording to stop ME deleting it. Many thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ahamill
Just joined
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lock a recording on Tivo

Go to program you want to lock, click on it.

More Options

Keep until then

Keep until I delete

You will now see a lock on the R icon

The recording is now locked

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No, you can tell TiVo to avoid deleting it but you can't stop yourself doing the deleting. Are you saying that you sometimes don't know what you're doing?Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

that sounds confusing locking a recording stopping you from deleting it theres no such thing i dont think sorry
0 Kudos
wartroll54
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Maybe I didn't make it clear what I'm wanting to do. I want to be able to lock a recording to stop me accidentally deleting it. On Sky you can lock a recording and a padlock icon appears against it meaning it cannot be deleted until the padlock is undone using the PIN code and only then can the deletion be done. It's just a double safe protection on a valued recording. I have definitely read on Virgin guidance pages that something similar is available on the Tivo box but try as I might, I cannot find how to do it. Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

wartroll54 on sky you can do that because they have options for you to do that because their service is provided to do that but on virgin tivo there is no way you can do that buy locking a recording instead of deleting its impossibble that virgin havent got the service to provide that i havent come across that you can lock you can lock channels but not on recordings you can request pin for watching recordings this isnt available what you have in mind
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you delete a recording it will go into the deleted folder and you can recover it, depending on how full your box is it could remain there for hours days or possibly weeks 

0 Kudos
wartroll54
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your responses. I am aware that I can recover deleted items but that is SUBJECT to me (1) firstly realising that they have been moved to that folder in error and also (2)  the TIVO box itself potentially deleting it from the my deleted recordings folder to make room for further new recordings before I realise that it's gone. There are lots of intentionally deleted recordings for my accidentally deleted recordings to get lost amongst. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
ahamill
Just joined
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Go to program you want to lock, click on it.

More Options

Keep until then

Keep until I delete

You will now see a lock on the R icon

The recording is now locked

wartroll54
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ahamill for your response. So simple but I couldn't find it without your steer!  Brilliant, thanks again!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi wartroll54,

Thanks for posting!

Happy to see the Community has helped you out with this!

Pop back any time you need a hand.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos