Menu
yorkshirecath
Up to speed
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Loading of Netflix

Can i ask how long from pressing shows to loading the Netflix app and selecting a previously played program (i'm already logged in) it should take for the program to come on? My Tivo seems ridiculously slow when loading Netflix or BBC iplayer apps.

0 Kudos
yorkshirecath
Up to speed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loading of Netflix

Anyone? My Netflix is woefully slow and just wondering if it's me 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi yorksirecath,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear that Netflix may be running a little slowly for you right now.

Loading times can vary but if this running slowly I will be happy to help check this out for you.  

I have carried out some checks with your box remotely and there is a signal fault that may be causing this.  In order to get this fixed I'd like to arrange for an engineer to call round.  

I will send all the details in a private message for you. (Look for the envelop icon above)

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
KeithGinty
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

My TiVo Box was delivered this morning and I have it all setup.

The issue I have is that my NetFlix also won't load. I try to open the app, it asks for my pin, it goes to the blue wheel then quits back to the list of apps again.

I have tried several times but the same thing happens. Any suggestions of what is going wrong?

Keith

0 Kudos
Johnc765
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, from pressing the red button to getting the programme I want on Netflix for me is anything between 30 seconds to 90 seconds depending on time of day, and to be honest on which day (think it must be the days where there is nothing on any channel we want to watch) I have almost the same setup as you but the 500mb TiVo. Hope this gives you some point of reference.

0 Kudos
yorkshirecath
Up to speed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yours definitely sounds like a network issue Keith, would Def get in touch with Virgin.
John mine takes about 3 minutes and is really annoying. It's always been slow to be honest but just seems to be getting worse.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keith,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that Netflix isn't loading up for you right now.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I haven't been able to locate your account at the moment, I will send you a private message requesting further details if that's ok?

Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnc765,

Welcome to the community and thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I will be happy to look into what may be causing the slow performance of Netflix at various times for you.  I have carried out some checks and all is looking great with the signal and power levels.

I have found that there is some high demand occurring on the network you are connected to.  At present they are within the current acceptable thresholds, it does seem to be increasing so this will be monitored by our network engineers incase it continues to rise.

This will explain why at certain times things will slow down a bit and other times will work a little faster.  If the situation worsens, don't hesitate to give us a shout and we can re-check this over for you.

If you have any other queries, give us a shout, we're here to help.

Collette Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It normally takes about 2 minutes to load the app and then another minute or so to load the programme that you select (with a reasonable amount of freezing along the way). It should eventually work though.

Not a fault I'm afraid, the TiVo is just not very good for on demand apps. I gave up and got an alternative product for my on-demand needs.
yorkshirecath
Up to speed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I guess that doesn't apply to everyone though skeggman as someone said it only takes them 30 secs. I'm supposed t have superfast bb but not sure if it's that that makes it faster or the actual box?
0 Kudos