Menu
SheffAnt
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Live TV Freezing

If I'm watching a show that is set to be recorded, when the recording begins, the TV output freezes for 2 seconds. It also freezes the same when recording stops.

Why is this?  It is very distracting when you are watching something.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Live TV Freezing

Mine has always done that. Oft times the programme banner will also appear for a second. Assumed that's the way it works! Yes it is distracting. 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This happens when you are watching a programme live that you are also recording. My understanding is it is the buffers being cleared at the start and end of the programme.

Since I record virtually everything I watch I see this quite often but, since I use the standard recording defaults, i.e. 1 minute before and four afterwards, I rarely see it on the programme I am watching.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SheffAnt,

Thanks for coming by to us here in the Community and I'm very sorry that you've been having issues while trying to record a show.

I've been trying to look into the TiVo but it looks like our tests aren't reaching the box currently, can you tell me if the box is turned on right now?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
SheffAnt
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

Thanks for the help but we've been away for the weekend.  I don't know if you are able to look now but our Tivo is on and will be for the next few hours.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SheffAnt,

Thanks for coming back to us and hope you had a lovely week end Smiley Happy

I have been able to connect to your box remotely and successfully.  All is looking great with the signal and power levels.

Is the issue still happening at present?   Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SheffAnt
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it is still freezing for a second when the recording starts/stops.  It also pops up the banner showing the programme name etc.

This is not a new thing as it has done it since it was installed.  I would have expected it to do the recording in the background with no indication on screen that anything is happening (that is what my old V+ box did).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI SheffAnt,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

This is something that does happen but we are currently working to improve this.

This happens on my TiVo® box at home so I know how irritating this can be.

We're always looking to improve the way our TiVo® works and hopefully this is something we can modify in the near future.

I'm sorry for the disruption this is causing in the meantime.  Otherwise all is looking great with the box when I check it's signal and power levels.

If you have any further queries, we're here to help anytime you need us.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos