Menu
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Listings errors

There are a lot of extra episodes of Corrie showing in my season pass - and from the descriptions and times a number of them are in fact episodes of Emmerdale.

And also, the Arthur C Clarke mini-series Childhood's End is being advertised on Sky as being on Sky 1/Sky 1 HD at 9pm on March 17th... yet according to the new listings that came out today, it is something completely different (and searching for Childhood's End produces no results at all).

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Listings errors

TivoGuideErrors@virginmedia.co.uk is the address to send any EPG errors to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try forcing a call as you may have updated in mid-update  - I can't see any errors here with Coronation Street - but my call was about 30 minutes ago.

Also, my TiVo lists  Childhood's End on Sky1 at the time you say

JohnMcE wrote:

There are a lot of extra episodes of Corrie showing in my season pass - and from the descriptions and times a number of them are in fact episodes of Emmerdale.

And also, the Arthur C Clarke mini-series Childhood's End is being advertised on Sky as being on Sky 1/Sky 1 HD at 9pm on March 17th... yet according to the new listings that came out today, it is something completely different (and searching for Childhood's End produces no results at all).

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ozsat wrote:

Also, my TiVo lists  Childhood's End on Sky1 at the time you say

Fixed on mine as well - must have happened in the past two/three hours as I had a quick look when the OP posted and it wasn't there.

Coronation Street / Emmerdale episode synposis - can't help here I don't watch either so I would not have a clue whether they are wrong or not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
JohnMcE
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thanks for getting back to me.

I just went to force a call, but before I did, checked my series link and the guide first. And everything is now as you say (without having to force a call).

However, when I sent the message, my series link was showing 18 episodes of Coronation Street that were scheduled to record for the two week period (it is now down to a more normal 12), and on further inspection the info for the extra episodes contained a bunch of names that aren't in Corrie, and the name Dingle cropped up, which IIRC is the name of a family in Emmerdale. And of course some of the episodes were listed as showing at 7pm, which is Emmerdale's usual time, rather than Corrie's.

Childhood's End is also now showing correctly - when I looked the programme that is now listed at 8pm (DCs Legends of Tomorrow, or something similar to that) was showing as lasting for two hours from 8pm, whereas it is now listed as just one hour long.

So it looks like it is all now correct.

Thanks for your help.

John McElroy

0 Kudos