Menu
janz0306
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lip Sync Problems

Hi there

I have recently purchased a Panasonic 50dx750b Uhd 4k TV which I am using with a Panasonic blu ray surround sound system and my existing TIVO box.  I am experiencing lip sync problems every day which at the moment I am resolving by re-setting the blu ray player.  This is obviously not a long term solution and I wonder how this can be resolved.  The HDMI 1 is connected from the TV to the blu ray and the HDMI 2 is connected from the TV to the TIVO box.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lip Sync Problems

I have the same TV without the additional sound bar / surround sound, and I have the same issues... I don't think it's the TV, as I have the same problem when I use my 11yo samsung tv!

0 Kudos

All Replies
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi janz0306,

Some soundbars have the option to adjust the ms (milliseconds) for the audio on them, perhaps check through yoru soundbar menu to see if it has this option and you can test it out?

Failing this perhaps use an optical cable from your source straight in to the soundbar as the data transfer via optical is much faster than hdmi.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
janz0306
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thank you.

I have a panasonic home cinema surround sound with 5 speakers so not sure if your answer applies.  Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have the same TV without the additional sound bar / surround sound, and I have the same issues... I don't think it's the TV, as I have the same problem when I use my 11yo samsung tv!

0 Kudos
janz0306
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you and I am now beginning to agree that it is not the TV but likely to be the Tivo so I guess a call to Virgin is coming!

0 Kudos
studio_54
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did you get this resolved?

0 Kudos
janz0306
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

No not really.  Having a V6 box installed this week so hoping for better things!

0 Kudos