Menu
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lip Sync Problems using AV amp

My Brother is having Lip sync problems when the TIVO is attached to his AV amp. We have tried various settings on amp and TV and TIVO (changing to PCM on TIVO makes no difference)

Lip Sync is Fine  when  TIVO is directly plugged into TV bypassing amp

But when we  have plugged the TIVO into Amp lip sync goes out markedly (like an old 70's dubbed Bruce Lee film) its most noticeable on live broadcasts

We have also plugged the tivo into the TV and used an optical cable to amp but still we have a lip sync problem

Equipment is

TIVO: 500GB

TV: Panasonic TX-48CX350B

Amp  Pioneer VSX -527-K/-S

The TV and the Amp are ARC enabled, which I believe might solve it, if I knew how to connect it all up

any ideas to solve the problem would b greatly appreciated

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
davemor
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lip Sync Problems using AV amp

This receiver has an Auto Delay setting (A.DLY) in the menu when connected by HDMI.

Press "Receiver" then "Audio Parameter" use up and down arrows to select function.

This automtically corrects the audio/ video delay to components connected by HDMI. See page 37 of your user manual.

HTH

GarethF
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What Davemor said. Also you can

TiVo --> HDMI --> TV (not the ARC socket)

TV --> HDMI --> Amp (from the ARC socket)

Turn ARC on in the TV and Amp menus. You'll get the sound out of the TV on the TV input on the amp. I have a device configured this way on my tv into a similar amp

All Replies
davemor
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This receiver has an Auto Delay setting (A.DLY) in the menu when connected by HDMI.

Press "Receiver" then "Audio Parameter" use up and down arrows to select function.

This automtically corrects the audio/ video delay to components connected by HDMI. See page 37 of your user manual.

HTH

GarethF
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What Davemor said. Also you can

TiVo --> HDMI --> TV (not the ARC socket)

TV --> HDMI --> Amp (from the ARC socket)

Turn ARC on in the TV and Amp menus. You'll get the sound out of the TV on the TV input on the amp. I have a device configured this way on my tv into a similar amp