Menu
Jparker
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Leaving TiVo box for long periods

Hi 

Should you leave the TiVo box on standby while away from home for two or three weeks.Or should you power it down completely. ? 

Cheers 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Leaving TiVo box for long periods

Also powering it down would mean any scheduled recordings fail. At least if it's in standby, it can carry on recording and all the EPG data etc, is bang-up-to-date when you get back home.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Jparker wrote:

Hi 

Should you leave the TiVo box on standby while away from home for two or three weeks.Or should you power it down completely. ? 

Cheers 

STBs boxes in the past (TiVo included) if left off for more than a week would lead to the smartcard needing re-paired with the box (so that you could watch TV through it again) - requiring a call in to report a TV fault to get it rectified. I'm not sure if this is the case that TiVos use a virtual smartcard system though. Ideally leave it in standby.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Jparker
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Thank you for your reply 

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also powering it down would mean any scheduled recordings fail. At least if it's in standby, it can carry on recording and all the EPG data etc, is bang-up-to-date when you get back home.

0 Kudos
Jparker
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you
0 Kudos