Menu
Badloser
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Latest Tivo Upgrade is pants!

Since the TV upgrade last week our series links (now serieslink+) have gone mad. Instead of just recording "new" shows on BBC1 it now records them all again when they come on Dave or Challenge, etc because they are "new" to that channel, My box is filling up with shows I watched years ago.

How do I stop this?

I have already spoken to customer services about other unannounced feature changes e.g. loss of blue button functionality on My Shows list.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Latest Tivo Upgrade is pants!

If you switch the series link from recordings to streaming only it'll stop recording from all the channels.

I assume new episodes will appear on iPlayer and when it does you can change it back and select the correct channel.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you have some examples?

If it's only a few, you should modify the series link to alter them from All to BBC1 HD if that is the reason for the issue.

0 Kudos
Badloser
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It appears you cannot set a series link to a channel if no shows are currently scheduled. The series link we had for Pointless on BBC1 has flipped to "all" channels, and because there are no new shows scheduled I cannot change the series link and will miss new shows on BBC unless I leave it set to all and we record hundreds of episodes on Challenge.

Am I missing something? (I have not looked to se if any other series links have done this.)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I see your issue.

The problem is with the broadcaster of the channel which is Challenge. They have failed to provide any metadata to allow TiVo to correctly select what you want. In this circumstance, TiVo has to assume all these programs are potentially new and record them.

I personally would just delete the Series Link+ on this occasion and keep an eye out for it coming back on BBC1 then create a single channel Series Link+.

An alternative is to set your current All Series Link+ to keep only one recording and ensure that the Series Link+ stays at the lowest priority at the bottom of all your Series Link+s.

It will still record them all but will delete the previous one when it records the next one.

I hope this makes sense.

0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you switch the series link from recordings to streaming only it'll stop recording from all the channels.

I assume new episodes will appear on iPlayer and when it does you can change it back and select the correct channel.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
Badloser
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll give that a try.

If you just use Tivo to manage your TV viewing (we are traditionally between 2-6 weeks behind with our TV) then these changes are confusing especially when they happen with no warning, and on line help hasn't been updated.

Regards

0 Kudos