Menu
GD1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Last resort

Tivo box has always been slow to respond, recently had problems with watching programmes recorded in 'my shows' programme/film plays for 2 minutes then freezes for about 10 seconds then follows this same pattern.....not watchable!

Have now lost all tv listings,replaced with 'to be announced' on ALL channels. Phoned 151 and followed all the instructions given by the guy who remotted in,promised everything would be up and running normally in 40 minutes.....didn't happen!

Would appreciate any help.......probably need a new Tivo box!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last resort

Given that you've already phoned in and that they no doubt checked all the obvious things I think you probably need an engineer visit and possibly a new box. Phone in again and book one. 

0 Kudos
Dave_M1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'd guess the hard drive has failed. If this is the case then any recordings you HAD are gone, and you'll need a box replacement. 

I am an employee of Virgin Media but any views expressed are those of my own.
0 Kudos
GD1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for response...checked all the obvious things myself before I phoned them.....hoped they would find something 'new'.....thought it would mean another phone call,if Virgin were as quick to sort things out as they are to add a few quid to my bill I'd be well pleased!lol...thanks again! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi GD1,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear that your TiVo® box isn't behaving as well as it should be.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have taken a look at your box remotely, and all looks great form here today.  Is everything working ok now for you since you called in?

It would be great to find out how things are today with the TiVo® service, please keep me posted Smiley Happy

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
GD1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

Thanks for response......decided to try 'clear or reset Tivo box' option in 'Help and Settings' and it seems to have done the trick.....obviously lost all recordings in 'my shows' and had to re-programme the remote.....small price to pay to have things running normally!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey GD1

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us, I'm really glad to hear that you've been able to get this sorted.

If you need any assistance with your service moving forward, you know where to find us.

Take care

craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos