Menu
claireandsean87
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lag on TiVo box

Hi,

Had Virgin TV for a few weeks now and noticed that the TiVo box is very slow, much slower than my parents' Sky box. Every time I turn it on it says 'Waking up' for a good minute or so... and then every time I go to My Shows and click on a show it takes a good 30 seconds to come up. It takes ages for the Netflicks homepage to appear. Maybe this is just how long a TiVo box takes but it seems extraordinarily slow to me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
auryx
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag on TiVo box

Hi there,

Unfortunately, reading the other threads on this forum, it seems this is a common experience, and largely down to the age of the TiVo service. Mine is just the same, and in fact I came on here to ask the very same question. I'm tempted to upgrade to a V6 though the cost involved is painful!
claireandsean87
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I think it is genuinely outrageous that in order to get a 'normal' service we have to spend yet more money to have a 'better' box. I'll be moving to Sky or similar when we move!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi claireandsean87, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your TiVo® box running slow Smiley Sad I've taken a look at your account to see what's going on.

There was a provisioning issue showing which I've resolved remotely for you by sending some hits to your smart card. I can also see a few timeouts have been recorded however for the time your TiVo® has been online for, it's not uncommon. 

Try a full reboot to clear these and this may speed things up. 

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos