Menu
Colinmac71
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lack of sefvice and iplayer service

is there any known problems in Romford area today as haven't been able to watch anything through iplayer. Message said internet at fault but no problems watching on iPad through wifi and now have no tv service at all and TiVo shut down on its own. Also following previous problem with TiVo rebooting every morning at same time, my box is always switched on when I come down even though it's been put to sleep in evening 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lack of sefvice and iplayer service

Hi Colinmac71,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you're getting no iPlayer service working and also frequent morning reboots of the TiVo®.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and all looks great signal wise and all is online.  How are things looking today?  

If you're still experiencing a loss of service, let me know and I can help further.

In relation to the box rebooting each morning, there is a conversation with updates going on here:

Re: TiVo box Rebooting for the last 3 days  I hope it will be useful.

Keep me posted on how things are today with the TiVo®, I'm here if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Colinmac71
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

iplayer service has been erratic over the last few days!! Reboots are still happening early hours of each morning as finding box fully on each day apart from over the BH weekend but started again this morning 

is there any news on this problem being resolved 

regards 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colinmac71,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

In regards to the BBC iPlayer issue can you expand a bit more on what exactly happens when you encounter a fault?  Is it loading slowly/at all, buffering, cutting out, error messages etc?  Does the same thing happen to other apps like Netflix or YouTube?

I have re-checked the box and all is still looking fine signal/power level wise.  At this stage a little more details would be fab so I can help narrow down the cause.

In regards to the early morning reboots, we don't have a time scale to date yet.  The maintenance being carried out we know is due to upgrade work but the reboots are to keep services online.  What can be done to ensure the box goes back to sleep mode is you can adjust your power saving settings.  If you follow these steps:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > DEVICES > POWER SAVING SETTINGS > CHANGE TO 'SLEEP'

This option will ensure the TiVo® goes into standby after 2 hours of inactivity.  

If you can please get back to me with more details of the issue with BBC iPlayer, that would be super.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos