Menu
cturner82
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LG TV remote no longer working since Virgin TiVo was installed

I got Virgin installed back in August and ever since the TiVo box was installed into my LG 32" TV, the remote for the LG TV has stopped communicating with the TV. Okay I can access the volume via the TiVo remote but I cannot access any of the TV settings via the LG remote. I called Virgin and they say it is an LG issue, but surely someone on here has experienced the same issue? Before you ask, yes I have replaced the batteries, but that didn't work. I just wish that I noticed this when the technician was here installing the box so I could have asked him. Please help as it is driving me bonkers!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: LG TV remote no longer working since Virgin TiVo was installed

There's no way having a tivo installed could effect your TV remote unless it got trodden on, that's like saying I bought a new Oven and my toaster has stopped working

0 Kudos
cturner82
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well since it was installed the remote does not connect with the TV anymore. The remote is not broken, I even purchased a replacement remote and that does not work. I have heard of similar things regarding the same thing happening with Sky.

There is some sort of programming that I need to do to get the TV remote working again as the TiVo remote has taken over full control of the TV, however I do not know how to access the TV program settings, i.e. changing sound quality, screen opitions, output etc.

I have seen similar questions asked regarding other TV models.

Can someone help please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lyon input a number in the TiVo remote and it sends it he correct ir signals to work your TVs volume, it in no way effects the existing remote or reprograms the tv

0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Turn the TiVo off and unplug its cables to the TV, then power-off the TV and reboot it. If the TV remote still doesn't work then the problem is likely nothing to do with the TiVo.

Andre

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you have a digital camera or a camera on a smart phone use it to check your remote is working. Simply look at the remote sender through the digital device press any button on the remote control and you will see the i/r pulses if it is working...B

0 Kudos