Menu
milodog
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Killjoys season 2 missing episode

I set up Killjoys as a series link, however it recorded episode 2, 3 and 5 but not 4. I tried to find it on catch up/on demand but it also only has episodes 2, 3 and 5. On looking at Killjoys in My Shows (which shows all episodes from season 1 as well as season 2?) I have noticed that some episodes have an "O" symbol on the left of the title (episode 4 of season 2 is one of them). I tried to get an explanation from Online Chat but the only reason they could come up with was these episodes are "streamed" episodes and as the Tivo can only record what was shown on TV it would not record! I notice that several of the upcoming episodes have this "O" symbol against them so does this mean I will miss these as well? One thing Chat said which was disturbing was Virgin can only show what Sky allows them to show! By the way I reconnected my Sky box and all episodes have been recorded and are on catch up. Think I might go back to Sky before I get lynched by the family!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Killjoys season 2 missing episode

I thought I would reply with what (very) little expertise I have with the issues you raise- I mostly post on the broadband boards, but I'm a TiVo user.

Sometimes episodes do go AWOL- the team on here pick that up and they get sorted, but it can be a bit of a wait. Thats most likely whats happened, first line support really don't have any training in the area, so on here is the best place to flag it.

As to VM only being able to show what SKY lets them- that statement is in some way true.  Whoever OWNS the content can put licensing restrictions on it. Whoever has the licence for a geographic area can also put licensing restrictions in place. Ive never seen such agreements meaning certain episodes cannot be aired- just that they get aired later on a competitor channel. Killjoys is a Canadian production and SPACE ultimately own the rights, not SKY. So another black mark for 1st line support.

There ya go, your now level 6 in the vagaries of licensing content and missing shows on TiVo. Its worth the wait BTW Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
milodog
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kippies,

Does not fill me with confidence. We are retired and keen motorhomers and are often away for a few days and depend on series links to record our favorite programs so we can catch up on our return. We have just moved from Sky, which to be honest was excellent but cost too much. Now it looks like we have to check every series link to see if there are problems and maybe spend a few hours chasing them down. This, and other problems, cause me a great deal of grief from the family [it was my decision to move to Virgin as Sky was becoming too expensive!], hence the comment about moving back to Sky. I had one or two issues with them but Virgin make them look SO professional. Virgin is a joke; they need to have a shake down and replace a few managers/team leaders!

Oh btw do you know what the "O" symbol means next to a title in My Shows?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I THINK it means available on demand.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Might be worth getting staff to check your TiVo over. Ive done a double check and Ive two TiVo's and series link has worked 100% on both, never missed an aired episode.

It COULD be a problem with the EPG or a hard drive issue

0 Kudos