Menu
ECMInstr
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Keeping up with program changes

Why in 2015 are Virgin Media so rubbish at being able to digitally track a tv programme.  I can't remember how many years ago it was I had a VCR and you could enter a programme number and that programme would record even if start and finish times changed now all these years later Virgin aren't even capable of making sure they record the right series link.  I had series linked the Grand Prix and think it is bad enough that I have to set up series links on every bbc channel there is because Virgin can't track one series but now I have just gone to watch my programme which is right on 'my shows' list but instead of motor racing I have 3 hours of tennis.  Thank god the BBC has iPlayer, it would be more reliable paying a subscription to that then paying Virgin to **bleep** it up.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping up with program changes

You may thank God that the BBC have iPlayer but they are totally at fault for this issue.

The BBC published today's schedule to show the Grand Prix on BBC1 and the tennis on BBC2 and then, for no good or acceptable reason, swapped them at short notice. WHY?

0 Kudos
ECMInstr
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping up with program changes

Accepted that the BBC changed their listing but this is the digital age and I think with Virgin boasting all the time about how quick their cable speeds are they could still send out updated info to enable the boxes to change.  We can track communications signals even when they are frequency hopping at milli-second intervals so they should be able to track a tv programme.

0 Kudos