Menu
Torq2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just when you think that Tivo couldn't be worse.....

Well, I used to think that Tivo was the biggest pile of rubbish ever for TV, then I get a software upgrade.  I assume that the upgrade is supposed to be an improvement on the current setup, but nooo.  If their have sat down and planned to make Tivo worse, then they have certainly completed their task.

stevef
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just when you think that Tivo couldn't be worse.....

It would help if you said what had been made worse, and why you thought it was rubbish to start with. Just saying it was rubbish and now it's worse doesn't let VM know what the problems are

0 Kudos
Torq2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok, for a start the constant code to watch programs, it should be optional. I am a big boy now and don't need protecting. It runs really slow. When you go into demand it lists all the programs without showing any times, so difficult to find programs. Now, after the upgrade they are in boxes, this is even harder to find what you want. They have added a search, which is ok if you know what you want to watch. What is the deal with the news? No one , I repeat, no one wants to watch yesterdays news. Most of on demand is made up of all the news programs from to whole country. You used to be able to press the tv button, then scroll through the channels, now you have to get the listings up. Here a few things to be getting on with, I could go on, but no point really. Regards....

0 Kudos
stevef
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can greatly reduce the times you need to enter pin code, goto help & settings -> parental controls -> request a pin to watch recordings and turn them off.

I now rarely need to enter pin, tho it does get it wrong sometimes and requests a pin for stupid stuff like escape to the country. I have also set pin to 0000 so in the rare times it does request it it's easy to enter.

Totally agree with your view about on-demand changes, I personally dislike icon based interfaces much prefer a concise list. IMHO this should be an option like changing the view of a windows folder from icon,  list, detailed list.

0 Kudos
Torq2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the password tip, it worked for recorded programs.

0 Kudos