Menu
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just signed up

Just gave my notice with sky to say im moving all my services to virgin. This afternoon i called and told virgin i wanted installation the day before sky finishes. Agent said that as soon as he had finished i would get a email confirming details. He gave me my account number and a few other things. Ive had no confirmation of service. Just tried to register my details on the my virgin account page. Put my account number and details in and says not recognised . I know its ages till august when sky ends and virgin start but already concerned somethings gone wrong . Should i have a email ??
0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just signed up

Strangeland16 wrote:
Just gave my notice with sky to say im moving all my services to virgin. This afternoon i called and told virgin i wanted installation the day before sky finishes. Agent said that as soon as he had finished i would get a email confirming details. He gave me my account number and a few other things. Ive had no confirmation of service. Just tried to register my details on the my virgin account page. Put my account number and details in and says not recognised . I know its ages till august when sky ends and virgin start but already concerned somethings gone wrong . Should i have a email ??

Personally I would wait for Sky to call you back and cut you a deal, unless you have a very good reason for wanting to be with Virgin, especially for tv, although some people seem to like the broadband. Have a look around here or other forums and/or see what the media have been saying recently. ("neglected/clunky/antiquated" etc) To answer your question, yes many of us have experienced times when thing go wrong.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
Strangeland16
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Brother in law has virgin and weve been staying at his house looking after his pets . Been using it daily have no issues with it being slow or clunky and prefer tivo to my sky box. I want to have bt sports aswell as skysports and this is the cheapest way of doing it . And sky can get nowhere near the broadband speeds virgin do . For every one thats not happy eith virgin im sure there are many that are. Personaly i dont think skys box is great. Aslong as i can record and change channels im happy
0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok fair enough. Hope it works out for you. Tivo doesn't seem to be working at the moment, for many of us, due to C133 national faults as per the other threads but hopefully nothing like that will affect you. I just had a big percentage of my recordings deleted for no good reason which is another regular problem.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
stevie72
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

getting rid of sky was a regret, ive only had a few problems with virgin but i haven't had it a year yet, ive had a box changed, tv on the go is not exactly on the go as you have to have a wifi connection, had sky for several years no problems only changed because of half price deal with virgin, only another year to go with virgin until contract expires and then im back to sky.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Strangeland16 wrote:
Brother in law has virgin and weve been staying at his house looking after his pets . Been using it daily have no issues with it being slow or clunky and prefer tivo to my sky box. I want to have bt sports aswell as skysports and this is the cheapest way of doing it . And sky can get nowhere near the broadband speeds virgin do . For every one thats not happy eith virgin im sure there are many that are. Personaly i dont think skys box is great. Aslong as i can record and change channels im happy

As you say, there are people who like VM services and those who don't, just as there are people who like Sky services and those who don't.

Personally I like Tivo and, although some aspects of it can be slow on initial access, Netflix and iPlayer for example, generally speaking it works well for me. As for broadband, I am supposed to get 200 Mbps. Just ran a speedtest and I am getting an average of 205 Mbps, as per normal.

Yes, VM has problems as is obvious from the forums but you can see the same on Sky and BT forums. 

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos