Menu
Mandy1320
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It seems impossible to do, how do I get a new Tivo/engineer out?

So I am going round and round in circles, nobody available to speak to and nobody available on chat.  I need a Tivo which apparently doesn't happen so I need my Tivo fixing.... how do I do this when I cannot contact anybody?

0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: It seems impossible to do, how do I get a new Tivo/engineer out?

Dial 150 on your Virgin phone and log a fault.

During their working hours the moderators here will be able to help too, but you'll really need to give a bit more explanation of what the issue is. One of the biggest bugbears in Technical Support are users who call and say "my thing is broken, please make it work".

Andre

Mandy1320
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Mandy1320
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have actually tried to log a fault several times - of course.  That isn't happening as I constantly get a message saying the lines are too busy. So I need to know how to get an engineer out.  Not go into long explanations about the problem - I want to know how to get an engineer out.  Helpful answers please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mandy1320,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble getting through to us to get the TiVo® sorted.  I'll be happy to help out here.

Can you please advise what the fault is that you're experiencing?  There's a lot I can check from here depending on what the issue is. 

Please keep me informed and I can help further. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Mandy1320
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been having trouble for some time.  I have had the Tivo for several years now.  It is very slow, on most things.  I need a new one but have been told I can't have one!! Which is absurd as I won't keep paying if I don't get one.  Initially I would like an engineer out to show that it has had it.  I have tried calling, I have tried live chat.  I need it sorting now.

0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure someone from Virgin will try to help you, but as I said before, beware of falling into the "my thing is broken, please send someone to make it work" category. Try to let them know the problem in more detail (is it time of day related, what menus or button actions cause the slowdown, is playback or recording affected or just menu display, objectively how slow is it, how much drive space is being used, etc).

And do remember that if they swap your box, you will lose ALL of your stored recordings (although series links and thumb settings can be backed up before the swap and then restored afterwards, recordings cannot be copied over - or rather Virgin won't do it, anyway)

Andre

Mandy1320
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, as I explained, I asked how to get an engineer out when I was unable to contact anybody at Virgin by phone or by chat. I wanted to know if there was another way - which I have now sorted. Using another way. I do know how to explain what the problem is and no, I will not be falling into any traps or categories. I am actually able to deal with this. I just wanted to know how to get an engineer out, that is all. My issue has now been sorted - I got an engineer and they sorted it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mandy1320,

Thanks you for getting back to us. Smiley Happy

I am sorry that it wasn't a more easier experience for you to get an engineer booked for your TiVo® not running smoothly.  

How did the appointment go?  I hope all is ok now for oyu, should you have any further queries, I'm here to help if you need me.

Keep me posted Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos