Menu
fixerman
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's not true!

How can they show status as "no known issues" with the TV service when the forums are full of customers with tivo complaints since the recent so called upgrade.?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: It's not true!

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Of course I have! It's obvious that there is a major issue with the TV service and to keep telling people to carry out minor cleanup adjustments to their Tivos is nothing short of an insult. I have three Tivos and all three have been subjected to the usual procedures. The system is not fit for purpose at present and the sooner Virginmedia acknowledge this the better before customers start to walk. I have a Humax Freesat box that gives me instant responses and full access to the usual streaming services, all for the monthly sum of £0.00.

Wake up Virginmedia!

Robert180
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Welcome perhaps if we shout loud enough someone might take notice.. I have a smart TV that has access to the internet 4 times faster than a supposed box with a 10meg internet connection.. Tivo is such rubbish and I wish I never changed from sky..
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

...and at what speed is your Smart TV connected to the internet , i.e. what speed is your home broadband? I bet you its a lot more than 10Mb but that, of course, is only one element of the whole picture as to how fast an app performs - the major factor is likely to be the relative processing power of TiVo and your Smart TV's processor.

0 Kudos
bobcotsford
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

at least I'm not the only one with problems with this new operating system.  Is there any way to back-out the 'upgrade'.  Come to that, how about making it easier to get through on the telephone, and employing technical assistants with some ability?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, unfortunately you can't backout the 'upgrade'.

0 Kudos
fixerman
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This morning I find that all three Tivos have suddenly returned to a performance level not seen since before the recent update. So far so good. Let's hope this proves to be a full and permanent resolution to slow response issue.

Thank you Virginmedia!

0 Kudos
joncbee
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Don't speak too soon.

I too have seen brief interludes of sanity on the Tivo, but as with Donald Trump, each time it wasn't long before the outrage returned.