Menu
kazbryan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Issues after full TiVo reset

Hi,

I've been having issues with my TiVo box gradually slowing down over the last few months, having had it for a couple of years or so, and finally managed to clear the recordings enough to do a full reset. The box is now running as fast as when I first got it, but I've noticed that there are a couple of quirks with it.

Firstly I'm finding when I'm setting up series links that I often can't choose which channel I want a show to record from - for example 'The Fixer' only gave me the Fox HD channel and no way to select the SD channel or +1, although when I go in to edit an existing series link I sometimes get the option to change the channel. I've also noticed that when I'm setting up & editing series links I'm getting really strange channel information - again using Fox as an example the channel info on the series link set up would show as '0 FOXHD' , '0FOXPLSVM', '0 FOXPLSUK' although the channel name is shown correctly once the series link has been created.

The second thing I've found is that I can no longer set up recordings through the TV Anywhere website, as I'm constantly getting a 110 error code with the following message: "Sorry, the item you are trying to record could not be found on your TiVo box. This could be due to the wrong region being selected in the TV Listings, or you may not subscribe to this channel." I have the correct region package (XL) selected, and I have had the package long enough that I know what channels I get!

Can anyone advise on what I can do to rectify these issues?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues after full TiVo reset

Hi there kasbryan, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these oddities when trying to set up a series link, and also when remote recording. 

I've run some testing on your set top box today and can see no reason why you should be getting this. The hard drive on your TiVo® is reporting no issues, and all power levels are spot on. 

I've sent some signals to your TiVo® in order to refresh things for you. Could you please try these things out again just to see if they are still happening. 

If they do, could you please restart your TiVo® and wait up to 15 minutes to see if this makes any difference. 

Please let me know how you get on. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

kazbryan wrote:

Hi,

I've been having issues with my TiVo box gradually slowing down over the last few months, having had it for a couple of years or so, and finally managed to clear the recordings enough to do a full reset. The box is now running as fast as when I first got it, but I've noticed that there are a couple of quirks with it.

Firstly I'm finding when I'm setting up series links that I often can't choose which channel I want a show to record from - for example 'The Fixer' only gave me the Fox HD channel and no way to select the SD channel or +1, although when I go in to edit an existing series link I sometimes get the option to change the channel. I've also noticed that when I'm setting up & editing series links I'm getting really strange channel information - again using Fox as an example the channel info on the series link set up would show as '0 FOXHD' , '0FOXPLSVM', '0 FOXPLSUK' although the channel name is shown correctly once the series link has been created.

The second thing I've found is that I can no longer set up recordings through the TV Anywhere website, as I'm constantly getting a 110 error code with the following message: "Sorry, the item you are trying to record could not be found on your TiVo box. This could be due to the wrong region being selected in the TV Listings, or you may not subscribe to this channel." I have the correct region package (XL) selected, and I have had the package long enough that I know what channels I get!

Can anyone advise on what I can do to rectify these issues?

Forget the TVA website, it has been broken since the start of the year. There are a significant number of threads/posts on the subject but Virgin have made it clear that they do not care and have no intention of fixing it.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
kazbryan
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A while after my original post I started getting a lot of problems with recordings randomly skipping through and the box resetting - a lot. Ended up having the box replaced as the hard drive was failing and not communicating properly with the network. Everything is fine now. The main reason I've come on to update is that the engineer did say that quite often resetting the box can cause more problems than it solves - particularly with an older box. I've also noticed that the TVA recordings are now working correctly too, which would make sense if the box wasn't communicating properly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kazbryan,

Thank you for coming back to us with an update Smiley Happy

I'm pleased to hear it's all working fine now for you as well as the TVA recordings too.  Should you need us for anything else, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

All the best. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos