Menu
Mc37
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is my TiVo breaking down

Hi

Our TiVo box does not seem to record our programs properly anymore, there is pixilation of the recording then it will jump to half way through the recording so basically its unusable. Also the program guide constantly says 'To Be Announced'.

And I don't know if this is a standard Virgin Media thing but it takes an age to get onto Netflix it is just so slow.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is my TiVo breaking down

Hi Mc37,

Thank you for coming by and I'm sorry to hear you're having multiple faults with the TV service at the moment.

I'll be happy to check what's causing the pixelated picture on recorded playback, the 'To Be Announced' errors and the Netflix running slowly.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and mostly all looks great but there is a signal issue that will be causing problems.  Can you please power off/on the box to refresh and let me know when this has been done and I'll re-check the box to see if this has improved things for you.

Keep me posted of you're progress and I'll be happy to help further.

I look forward to your reply. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mc37
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette_T
I have powered the box on/off several times since your post.
Absolutely no change if anything its getting worse as during realtime tv when paused or rewound the skipping is constant which is new. Also during a program the TV just froze and took about 5mins to come back to life.
Any chance of having this rectified asap?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mc37,

Thanks for updating us.

If the issue remains then the next step would be to get an engineer out to the property to investigate further.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos