Menu
reggy72
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is it time to move on?

I've had the TiVo box now for nearly three years and compared to the most basic of Sky boxes it is a disaster of epic proportions, to list the issues would be as follows, poor remote signal, slow to boot and load, beyond useless with iPlayer/Netflix etc, and locked to only 720p/1080i so going forward into UHD formats last generation technology at best with no sign as far as I'm aware of anything on the horizon to cater for those with UHD TV's.

My broadband via the SuperHub 2 has been patchy for the last three years with constant wifi drop outs as much as four times a day and no faster according to speedtest.net as from when it was installed, although VM like to remind me that I have received a stream of free speed updates whereas I should be receiving 150mbs the reality is closer to 50mbs.

When I renewed my contract with VM after a house move, I was told that my bill after a 6 month introductory offer would be £60 per month thereafter, however it is now in the mid eighties with another raise on the way. I'm seriously considering switching to another provider such as sky Q circa £45pm with UHD support, or just going free view backed up with a jail broken Nvidea Shield TV box running Cody(XBMC) and other streaming services.

Overall I have had enough of constant raises for a service that whilst works are less than stellar.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it time to move on?

reggy72 wrote:

no sign as far as I'm aware of anything on the horizon to cater for those with UHD TV's.

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst

0 Kudos
Digidel
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have the lot, the grand slam, full monty or whatever you want to call it. Sports movies HD, 200 meg. And I'm fed up with it. Tv is dreadfully slow and the broadband varies from wonderful to not working until I reboot the superhub, sometimes several times. I have to connect to Netflix, Amazon, etc through my uhd tv and not the tivo. May move to sky...
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't think you have to make any grand declaration here...you simply just change your service provider.
reggy72
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think we do have to make some sort of declaration, after all we're paying for services supplied that keep raising in costs with no real improvements for the end user.  I'd probably not have a problem with the £90 a month I have to find if the TiVo box worked flawlessly, was able to run UHD, the broadband I pay for was actually hitting the speeds advertised, the wireless didn't drop out 3/4 times daily, I didn't need to pay for a landline that I've not used in years and so on. As a paying consumer I have every right to complain about the cost/quality ratio.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

...then, having complained, where did you go and did you look at their forum where people go to complain?