Menu
francesniven
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is NOW TV App available on Tivo? If not is it worth getting a Now TV box for Sky Atlantic etc.

I want to understand whether I can watch Now TV through Virgin Tivo.  I want to be able to watch Sky Atlantic but want to watch it through the TV.  Do you need a Now TV box?  Is it compatible with a Tivo Box?  A real dumb question here.  Can I link my laptop up to TV to watch Now TV through my laptop?   Thankss

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is NOW TV App available on Tivo? If not is it worth getting a Now TV box for Sky Atlantic etc.

francesniven wrote:

I want to understand whether I can watch Now TV through Virgin Tivo.  

No  you can't watch it through TiVo. There's no app for it. 

I want to be able to watch Sky Atlantic but want to watch it through the TV.

To do this you'll need a now tv box. I have one. You pay a one time fee then pay monthly to have either movies, tv or sport or if you want all three. I just have movies and tv. Think it's about £16pm 

Do you need a Now TV box?  Is it compatible with a Tivo Box?

you simply connect the now to box via HDMI to your telly run the set up and off you go. It doesn't go through the TiVo at all

A real dumb question here.  Can I link my laptop up to TV to watch Now TV through my laptop?  

Honestly don't know about this. There is a now tv forum you could try for an answer. 

As for whether it's worth it, it really depends. I watch a lot of movies and the first odd tv series so I reckon I get my monies worth. You can also use it to watch iplayer and itv, c4 and c5 catchup. 

See http://www.nowtv.com/box

0 Kudos
Carole7
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Is NOW TV App available on Tivo? If not is it worth getting a Now TV box for Sky Atlantic etc.

I got Now tv to watch Game of Thrones on Atlantic, £6.99 a month, wouldn't have to do this if we were not being held to ransom to watch decent tv by virgin, bt and sky, only other choice is to illegally download Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Carole7
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You would have to subscribe to now tv then you could watch on most devices Smiley Wink As for linking up your laptop to tv, I link a macbook up to mine with relative ease, google shows you how, good luck !!

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

francesniven wrote:

To do this you'll need a now tv box. I have one. You pay a one time fee then pay monthly to have either movies, tv or sport or if you want all three. I just have movies and tv. Think it's about £16pm 

you simply connect the now to box via HDMI to your telly run the set up and off you go. It doesn't go through the TiVo at all

A real dumb question here.  Can I link my laptop up to TV to watch Now TV through my laptop?  

Honestly don't know about this. There is a now tv forum you could try for an answer. 

As for whether it's worth it, it really depends. I watch a lot of movies and the first odd tv series so I reckon I get my monies worth. You can also use it to watch iplayer and itv, c4 and c5 catchup. 

0 Kudos
Carole7
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I got Now tv to watch Game of Thrones on Atlantic, £6.99 a month, wouldn't have to do this if we were not being held to ransom to watch decent tv by virgin, bt and sky, only other choice is to illegally download Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Carole7
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You would have to subscribe to now tv then you could watch on most devices Smiley Wink As for linking up your laptop to tv, I link a macbook up to mine with relative ease, google shows you how, good luck !!

francesniven
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much.  This was really helpful and much appreciated.

F

Parrotperson wrote:

francesniven wrote:

0 Kudos