Menu
romcgrath
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Iplayer on Tivo is hopeless!

BBC catch up on old Virgin box was fine but now we've 'upgraded' to a Tivo box iplayer is hopeless. It takes ages to actually launch it and then it's incredibly slow starting to play a selected programme. Most annoying is that when you fast forward it's not a visual search so you have to guess how many minutes to fast forward. Not impressed!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iplayer on Tivo is hopeless!

Hi romcgrath,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that your are having problems with your TiVo. We are aware of the issue with the TiVo and our technicians have been working on this. 

The good news is that an update is being sent out to improve this issue and should be rolled out to all areas within the next few weeks.

Apologies for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
romcgrath
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does that include a visual search function when fast forwarding and rewinding as not having that is very annoying, or am I just doing it wrong?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Romcgrath Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post, it's good to see you again. The update is help a few issues that we have seen appearing over the previous months, I'm not able to tell you definitively what measures have been taken but I know that the update will be rolling out to all boxes and should see the last box updated over the next 2 weeks or so.

I hope that your issue is resolved with the update and please stay in touch.

Ben 

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hi Romcgrath Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post, it's good to see you again. The update is help a few issues that we have seen appearing over the previous months, I'm not able to tell you definitively what measures have been taken but I know that the update will be rolling out to all boxes and should see the last box updated over the next 2 weeks or so.

I hope that your issue is resolved with the update and please stay in touch.

Ben 

Is the update you refer to RC24?  If so I can confirm that it makes no difference in the time it takes to access iPlayer, it is still slow.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos