Menu
wiz2003
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Iplayer on TIVO is a waste of time

It is always VERY VERY slow - minutes to do anything.

Often buffers during playback...

Today, it just keeps coming up with an error after about a minute

Fired up Iplayer on My TV and was instantaneous.

Virgin Iplayer content also appears to be a subset of the full iplayer content.

Why do I pay Virgin media for this dreadful service?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Iplayer on TIVO is a waste of time

Hello wiz2003,

Thanks for posting and sorry to learn that you're having difficulty viewing iPlayer content.

What were the error codes that were coming up and were they on any particular programs?

The iPlayer app will have restrictions to the content it can provide so you may find there's more content available online, it's a free app however which is provided by BBC.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wiz2003
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose

Many thanks for your response - it was unexpected..

I do not recall what the error message was, but it was present even after turning the Tivo off then on.

Two points, if I may

1) The iplayer content that Virgin provides access is a subset of the content that is available on the iplayer website or the iplayer app on my lg tv or google firestick. Why is this?

2) The Tivo is generally unacceptably slow, indeed I might look to see if I really need it. Even though content is easily available in My Shows, it is nevertheless quicker and less frustrating to use the iplayer app on my tv or my google firestick. My only regret is that I paid £49.99 for the 1tb Tivo. The Humax FVP-4000T is looking far superior against the Tivo and they are available from £139.

I have been a customer since the days of Cable and Wireless, then NTL, with fibre in the area, perhaps it is time to change..

This is a lot of money every month for a naff service.

Geoff

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi wiz2003, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy 

All iPlayer content is managed by iPlayer. They choose which content will be available and via the TiVo®, it's linked in directly with them. All content you see on the website should be available on the TiVo® too for that reason. 

With regards to the TiVo® being slow, I can see the up-time is nearly 2 weeks. It's worth giving the TiVo® a reboot as this will help speed things up. Give it a try and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos