Menu
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent signal loss with newly installed Tivo box .

Have not had a Tivo box long and now it is developing signal loss sometimes when I change channel or when I turn the telly on . The Tivo box is always turned on and sometimes one of the green lights on the left hand side starts flashing and that is when I think a signal loss occurs . All the cables are connected but it can be a pain when this occurs . The said box is a Cisco model . I am due an engineer tomorrow who is supposed to install another Tivo box in my sons room but I am beginning to think that if this is a continuous fault I would probably be better off going back to my original VHD box which seemed to work most days .

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent signal loss with newly installed Tivo box .

Or you could try home -help-settings-network-connect to VM. When it's done that reboot it

if that doesn't help then get the engineer to check it out. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi davybozal53,

Thanks for posting!

Just checking in to see if you're still having trouble with this?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried that and could not connect to the network even though all the cables were connected so I did a reboot and everything seemed to be okay .

0 Kudos
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had some signal loss occasionally so I just did a reboot as the VM network instruction said I was not connected even though all the cables were connected .

As we speak I have just noticed that the heart light has started to flash so I am beginning to wonder if this is a signal loss .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello davybozal53,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems with signal loss, considering you have a heart light flashing what I would like to do is send one of the team out to check things over.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos