Menu
paulhamnd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent problem with netflix sound

I have an intermittent problem of a lag between the audio & video on netflix, Virgin changed Tivo box but it is now back on new box. At it's worst the delay on speech is about 5 seconds.

Netflix on PC is fine

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent problem with netflix sound

Hi Paulhamnd,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comment on the Netflix sound.

I have tested the box itself and can see no fault occurring currently. Can you please tell me if this is something still happening right now and if so, does this happen at a certain time of day or show?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
paulhamnd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Hi 

Hi, it's pretty much every time now, doesn't matter how go to Netflix (app or channel) & it's right across the programmes.

it's like the audio is out of sync with the video, but if it is paused for a while or you rewind, they line up again but gradually slide out of sync as soon as it starts to play again.

frustrating & makes the subscription a bit pointless, Netflix works fine on devices not going through TIVO

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

on Tivo, netflix audio defaults to 5.1 every time you select a show. That does not play nice with tivo into TV, which only needs/wants stereo. switching the audio every time before you start watching may help with sync and drop outs.

but if you like netflix , and don't have a smart TV, you are honestly better advised to forget about tivo and get a roku streaming sick or a roku 2/3 box. Netflix launches in seconds and the roku netflix app is kept up to date. unlike the tivo version. Seek controls are much better also.

Or any smart blu ray player will have a netflix app which will be way better than what tivo offers. you can pick up a sony blu ray with netflix for ~£40 on ebay, with 12 month warranty. Tesco outlet on ebay were selling the roku sticks at £25 , and the roku 2 ( which has a wired option) for £30 when I bought mine. I have never had an audio glitch with netflix on roku.

0 Kudos
paulhamnd
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, changing the audio setting seems to work, now if only they would fix the buffering at 25% issue

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulhamnd,

Glad to hear that's working for you!

As for the 25% issue, we are currently working with Netflix to try and resolve this issue. This issue affects multiple platforms, not just our TiVo®. As soon as we can get something in place we'll let you know!

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
paulhamnd
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

still a pain that you can't make the sound sync properly without me having to change settings for every programme I go on. Not what i would describe as a reliable service!!

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yes - you are best advised to forget tivo and spend a few £s on a Roku stick or box for your regular Netflix fix.

the difference is astounding - fast menus, starts in seconds, none of that awful quality lo res picture for the 1st minute or so. no sound settings to have to mess with. it will also do amazon video, and give you a much faster i-player service, and you can cast to it - phone - to TV screen.....

check specs and prices

0 Kudos