Menu
Jam800
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent loss of signal on TiVo box

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing similar problems, or knows how to fix the issue...

I recently upgraded to a TiVo box and am starting to rue the day I did!

Since I installed it, the damn thing keeps dropping the signal to the TV on an intermittent basis. This signal loss can happen for a few seconds, to several minutes at a time and I'm getting more than a little sick of resetting the box every 5 minutes, to let it run through a lengthy reboot cycle.

Can anyone please help!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent loss of signal on TiVo box

You have two choices. Wait here for a Forum Team member to pick up this post and test your signal. Could be a day or so. Or phone in a fault. Sounds like a signal issue. May need a tech out to adjust them.

TiVO boxes are (I think) slightly more sensitive than the former V/V+ boxes they replace. It's probably nothing serious but certainly annoying and it's nothing you can fix.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jam800,

Thanks for popping by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the intermittent disruptions of your TV service.  I know how annoying this can be, I will be happy to help get this sorted for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely, signal and power wise all looks great form here.

Just so I can find out a little more about the fault, is the issue still happening today?

If it is, can you verify if it's the box rebooting itself or are you having to power off/on the box to restore service?  Do you get any kind of error message when the fault happens?

Keep me posted on how things are going, I'm  here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Stewarty2015
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have also this same issue, a tech changed my TiVo box today but cannot complete install due to national fault of installations of TiVo boxes today. Seems TiVo boxes are sensitive to vibrations as it still seems to happen. Or it could be the TV itself!!! I'm hoping the new box works!!!
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

when you use the thumbs on your remote does it make a slight ping noise and when you point the thumbs down does it make a different kind of noise i use my thumbs for up and down i havent noticed the ping before and the other im just wondering if its just mine

0 Kudos
Jam800
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Thanks for the response. Think I found the issue now, it was the result of a loose HDMI cable between my amp and TV, rather than specific to the TiVo box Smiley Embarassed.

Only found it when the other devices connected up to the amp started having the picture cut out too!!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jam800

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm glad you're able to watch it uninterrupted Man Happy

Hi Stewarty2015

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment.

Have you been able to check the leads are all plugged in securely? If so, respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll take a look right away.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos