Menu
pictureperfect
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent fuzzy sound from my Tivo box

I have a problem with the sound from the Tivo box.

Tivo connected to Panasonic TV via HDMI

Tivo audio connected to PanasonicHome Cinema via optical

Panasonic TV connected to Panasonic home cinema via HDMI

Intermittently the sound output goes fuzzy when I switch to recorded shows, this can clear by going in and out of recorded shows mainly.

At times it happens when changing channels. Again can clear by channel hopping then going back to channel I want. Sometimes this can take several attempts.

The Tivo box has recently been changed, so lost all my recorded shows for no advantage.

Anybody note similar problem

0 Kudos
sharrattm
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent fuzzy sound from my Tivo box

I had a very similar issue occasionally the sounds would be really fuzzy (or more like electronically distorted). Panasonic TV via HDMI too.

If I changed channel or go back the menu it would usually clear. Sometimes even the menu sounds were distorted too. But then would go back to normal after going back to TV or selecting another channel or recording etc.

it was really random, I could never see a way to make it happen.  this had been occurring on & off for many months but not regularly enough that I logged a call (and I couldn't make it happen anyway if an engineer had been called)

Some time later, my TiVo died (hard disk failed with blue lights on the front of the TiVo ), and it  was replaced.  since then I've not had this issue at all with the new box (same tv and set-up, just other issues now ;-)  )

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey pictureperfect

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems with your TV service, I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this for you.

So I can do that, could you response to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pictureperfect
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply, good to know I'm not the only one. As I have the Tivo to TV and TV to Home Cinema as well as Tivo audio to home cinema, I will remove the Toslink  and just keep the audio via ARC from TV to HC. I must say I do like the Tivo remote which turns on my Tivo box, short blip, TV, long blip and the TV turns on the HC via the viera link as well as allowing me control the volume.

0 Kudos
noisybrother
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo has just started distorting audio for a second or so after changing channel, fast forward or rewinding, basically any action that required audio to be restarted. It clears after a second or so. I be ruled out my AV amp/optical signal by trying audio through the TV and the problem remains. I suppose my TiVo is on the way out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey noisybrother

Welcome to the Community,  I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box from our end, we're not seeing any problems detected at the moment although I'd like to monitor this for you. Could you reboot the box after reading this message and let me know when you've done that?

We'll talk soon!

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos