Menu
mezzowheels
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broad band service slow buffering

Hi I switched to Virgin from Sky expecting uninterrupted service and no loss of recordings due to weather interruption of signal - as cables are buried in the ground and picture should not be lost. I have their "best" fiber-optic broadband supply and they have apparently upgraded my broadband level - not that you'd notice.  I live in KT8 a zone 6 South West London area, so not out in the sticks. Pay a small fortune monthly and often can't watch programmes on iplayer as buffering is too slow on line via the computer and on the tv too often. I have had weeks where my phone line simply hasn't been operational! Although they are good at sending out engineers when needed who fixed that, I am getting bored with the constant need and putting up with poor service and not getting channels that I expected to (Sky Atlantic and poor catch up inclusions in the package that promised much). What on earth is going on? Have switched everything off and reset the router countless times - blah,blah... They get their payments nice and regularly, why can't I receive a service the same way as advertised!??? The broadband service 10 days ago was down in our area and supposedly due to be fixed by the 7th Nov and over the weekend was still unfit for purpose, I checked again the area service, lo and behold it was still being worked on due to be back working now by 17th..... It might be more helpful to know when it HAS been working properly recently and get some kind of rebate for lack of service not received perhaps without having to ask for it!!! It would be nice if Virgin texted those with mobile phone accounts in areas where their broadband service is poor or experiencing difficulties so that we didn't have to struggle to find out why our broad-band isn't working as expected and when it will again function properly. Grrrrrrrr - Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broad band service slow buffering

Hello mezzowheels,

Very sorry to learn about the issues you've been experiencing and I would like to welcome you to the community.

I would like to take a look into this for you but I will need to gain access to your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos