Menu
pjscribble
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation via Sky dish?

Hello!  I wonder if anyone knows if it's normal to wire up a Virgin connection via a Sky satellite dish.  When we had our Virgin Tivos installed several years ago, the installer said he was just going to use our Sky dish and cables to save installing new ones.  When I raised an eyebrow he assured me it was all fine and would save a lot of work.  However now we would really like to get rid of the defunct Sky dish from the outside of the house but of course that's how we get our TV signal.  Is this standard procedure?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation via Sky dish?

You can't get Virgin through a Sky dish. I would guess maybe the engineer reused some of the existing cabling to save re-running new cable, but whatever is connected to your TiVo will not be connected to the dish, so you should be able to remove the dish.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can't get Virgin through a Sky dish. I would guess maybe the engineer reused some of the existing cabling to save re-running new cable, but whatever is connected to your TiVo will not be connected to the dish, so you should be able to remove the dish.

0 Kudos
pjscribble
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much. We investigated and although it looked like the cable was coming from the Sky dish you were correct, the cable was threaded through but separate so we've been able to take the dish down.
0 Kudos