Menu
ibbotson
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Info Banner pop up

The Info Banner keeps popping up during a program, telling me what I'm watching. The program freezes for a couple of seconds then resumes and the banner disappears. I have looked through settings but cannot seem to find an option to stop this happening. Can anyone help because it's very annoying.

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Info Banner pop up

This normally only happens when you're recording the channel you're watching and the recording finishes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ibboston,

Thanks for coming by with your query about the info banner popping up.

Just to echo what vadek has mentioned this may occur when a recording is about to start, is this the case for you?

If not, let me know roughly how frequently it happens and I will be happy to check further for you.

Keep me posted.  Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
linell
Just joined
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes but this is really annoying as the picture freezes and speech is lost for a few seconds, really annoying when you are trying to listen. This never happened with the original boxes only with TIVO which I find has many annoying features compared with the old boxes - I have been a Virgin customer for nearly 20 years so speak with some experience. Can nothing be done to stop the pop up, all you need is a firmware update.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Linell,

Thank you for taking the time to reach the Team and Community. 

I would like to offer in the future to open your own thread, this is just so we can manage this better. 

I've been looking into your services as an initial test and the TiVo has come back with some healthy results. I did however see that any broadband you may have in the home might be affected by and issues going on in the home. As a precaution I would like to arrange an engineer to come out and assess all devices and services in the property.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Ukjukebox
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This happens to me all the time and definitely coincides with the box starting a recording.

This is really annoying as it freezes the picture and sound for a couple of seconds and you lose a bit of the program.

0 Kudos
TivoFan
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Then it is working exactly as it should do and there's nothing can be done about it.

I would advise that you watch the recording rather than live TV then you won't have this issue again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Existing customers who wish to get a better deal should call 150 then select Option 1 then 4 then 5, "thinking about leaving us".
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i know what you mean its happens on mine its just pops up out the blue when watching a programme many thanks jonni its freezes yes mine does
0 Kudos