Menu
RichardWiggs
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

ITV Hub and 4oD

We have full BBC iplayer, when can we expect the same for ITV Hub & 4oD, and  i guess the channel 5 one ? As you advertise as having them but its not the full app.

Thanks

Richard

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: ITV Hub and 4oD

The apps are written by the content providers, ITV and channel 4 have yet to write one for some reason

0 Kudos
RichardWiggs
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

can virgin not reach out to them to request it, as i think customers would like it, those of us that don't have smart TVs

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've posted on this issue before, as Virgin Media is guilty of blatant false advertising:

Appy days

We know great telly can come from anywhere, but Virgin TV brilliantly brings the TV you love together and lets you watch the way you want. Netflix (if you’re a subscriber), YouTube, Vevo – access them all through your TV, as well as free to air catch up players like BBC iPlayer, All4, ITV Hub and even Sky on Demand. It’s the TV you love, the way you want it.

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/set-top-boxes-and-apps.html

It's simply not true, we do not receive the All 4 and ITV Hub apps, merely a limited selection of catch up content from them for 7 days.

We don't get My5 either, but at least they don't advertise that we do.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VMViewer wrote:

But Channel 5 apparently does. Albeit a slimmed down version.

"On Virgin Media, Demand 5 became a new catch-up service called 5 on Thursday 11th February. Shows from Channel 5, 5STAR, 5USA and Spike are available via your set-top box for 7 days after an episode is first broadcast."

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200808941-Can-I-watch-Demand-5-on-Virgin-Media-

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
VMViewer
Superfast
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

VMViewer wrote:

But Channel 5 apparently does. Albeit a slimmed down version.

"On Virgin Media, Demand 5 became a new catch-up service called 5 on Thursday 11th February. Shows from Channel 5, 5STAR, 5USA and Spike are available via your set-top box for 7 days after an episode is first broadcast."

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200808941-Can-I-watch-Demand-5-on-Virgin-Media-

Yes I'm aware of that, it's not entirely true as shows from Spike are not yet included, but at least they aren't saying the My5 app is available when it isn't.

0 Kudos