Menu
Randa-1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

IPlayer

Every time I use iPlayer on my TiVo box I get a ridiculous amount of buffering, freezing and just generally a poor quality connection. When I use iPlayer on my phone or tablet it works fine. Can you please tell me why this happens as it's pointless having a service if you can't use it.

Regards

M. Edwards
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: IPlayer

On the tivo I never had those problems, although I did find it very painful getting there due to the slow gui, unless what I wanted to watch was linked to from the tivo's gui.

I had problems the other way around where my normal internet was bascially dead but iPlayer on tivo would play find.

The tivo has its own modem, maybe its signal levels are off, or the network its on is having issues.

It will take 1-2 weeks for a member of Virgin staff to get to this thread on here, once they do though they should be able to look into things for you.

0 Kudos

All Replies
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

On the tivo I never had those problems, although I did find it very painful getting there due to the slow gui, unless what I wanted to watch was linked to from the tivo's gui.

I had problems the other way around where my normal internet was bascially dead but iPlayer on tivo would play find.

The tivo has its own modem, maybe its signal levels are off, or the network its on is having issues.

It will take 1-2 weeks for a member of Virgin staff to get to this thread on here, once they do though they should be able to look into things for you.

0 Kudos
Randa-1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. Just annoying when you can't watch something without it cutting up every few mins.
0 Kudos
Skydancer
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I contacted Virgin Media last week and was told the new TiVo doesn't have the buffering problem. However, it will cost me £114, plus my monthly sum will increase, or I can leave and pay £183 for early termination of contract and pay £14.99 for the new box and a cheaper new customer package!

I see no reason for paying to have a problem fixed, so have written a letter to Complaints, Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ. I suggest you do the same.

Virgin Media has known about the problem and have been kicking all complaints into the long grass. I know because I have been trying to have it fixed since we had the new, now old, TiVo box.

0 Kudos