Menu
sgtmajor2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

IPlayer

Trying to watch BBC4 on  IPlayer and keeps coming up "Something went wrong" it says to check internet connnection and settings. Settings changed to standard but surely my cable connection is the carrier for IPlayer on my TV. Why is it so slow, also makes watching tv on tv so annoying. Any ideas

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPlayer

Two things. If you have a viewing card in the back of your TiVo take it out. It's not reqd anymore and could cause issues. Then try home-thumbs down-thumbs up-play play. You'll hear a beep and the screen will go blank for a bit. When it comes back on it should be better

re iPlayer this is a service relayed by VM from the BBC. If I'm honest the iPlayer app us rubbish and not fit for purpose. Unfortunately both VM and the BBC aren't particularly interested in sorting it out. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: IPlayer

Parrotperson wrote:

Two things. If you have a viewing card in the back of your TiVo take it out. It's not reqd anymore and could cause issues.

Sorry, but that's not correct. There is no issue that can be caused by the Smartcard remaining in the TiVo box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos