Menu
jollym
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

IPlayer Buffering

iPlayer on the TiVo box continues to be unwatchable - everything else works fine including catch up.  I can stream iPlayer from my iPad without buffering on wifi but hard wired Tivi box is useless - this problem has been around for ages - catch up for other channels works well, if they can't sort iPlayer can't we have the BBC programmes delivered in the same way?

Tags (3)

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: IPlayer Buffering

Hi jollym,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your iPlayer.

I'd like to run some diagnostics but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jollym,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your iPlayer.

I'd like to run some diagnostics but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Michaelcordy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem - iPlayer interface is unbelievably slow and programmes regularly buffer despite a good internet connection. What can be done to speed up iplayer/YouTube etc?
wiggers
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Have been upgraded to 70Mbps but still get the buffering wheel. I'm using a Humax box, not a TiVo.

What speed connection do I need, 300Mbps?

0 Kudos
Raw42
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same issue with IPlayer constantly buffering or loosing connection completely; even when you reboot system it can either work for a short while or still be exactly the same issue - it's an absolute pain. When I watch IPlayer over wifi from iPhone or iPad it works perfectly. It's definitely an issue with the TIVo box