Menu
alanjg1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

INTERFERENCE ON TIVO RECORDINGS AND PAUSED PROGRAMMES.

I have a problem with horizontal 'interference' lines (pixelation?)  on my recordings and also on paused programmes. These are not on screen permanently, they occur frequently at random times throughout the programme.

These lines appear near the middle of the screen as a mixture of the colours that are currently on the screen. This also happens if the live programme has been paused for a while and then restarted.

I've tried rebooting the box but that makes no difference.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks.

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: INTERFERENCE ON TIVO RECORDINGS AND PAUSED PROGRAMMES.

It's could be a sign of your hard drive dying. Either keep an eye on it or ring in now for an engineer. 

G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Does it look like the problem I had here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Tearing-and-Picture-Break-up/m-p/29523...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's could be a sign of your hard drive dying. Either keep an eye on it or ring in now for an engineer. 

G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Does it look like the problem I had here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Tearing-and-Picture-Break-up/m-p/29523...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
alanjg1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

It's certainly not as bad as yours seems to be. Mine just has straight horizontal interference lines that appear occasionally.

LIve TV is fine, it's only on recordings or after I've paused it.

I just had a Virgin technician here this morning. He reckons he found a fault with a cable connection. 

Hopefully he's rectified it but I can't check it till tonight.

Fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alanjg1,

Thank you for coming in and posting, I'm sorry to learn that you;ve been having some tearing across the screen. 

I'm chuffed that you've been able to see others that have had this issue and some resolution, I'd love to know how everything went with the engineer?

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos