that is good to know thanks. I am waiting on 2 things before I phone in
1. my price rise letter, assuming that I'll be getting one
2. more clarity on the tivo software upgrade fiasco. e.g. will I be struck by this soon, or is it just an unfortunate few, are VM on the case and fixing it, is the rollout on hold, is there going to be a rollback option...
on a £72 kahuna package, how much of that is the TV XL + Tivo component , do you think ?
looking at contact options. I can ADD channels via the TIvo menu, but I don';t think I can remove channels that way. same for logging into my acount... it only allows for Upgrades, not downgrades
I would like to be able to get prices for options with no decide now phone call pressures
Dial 150 to upgrade or downgrade your package and you will get informed of the new price and what you pay will be confirmed on phone and by email, you don't have to wait for a letter, still takes 30 days before completion.
I call in now , and scale back on my TV packages ( don't mention or discuss the price rise), so I downgrade from XL to M+ for a small saving
Then when / if I get the price rise in November letter I am allowed another change ? so if I then want to get rid of tivo completely I can do that with no penalty, using the price rise as my get out of jail free card ?
i don't follow - the new pricing is not yet in effect, and legally I have not been told of it.. reading it in the press does not count, I have to be told in writing.
so yes, if I call now say, or next week to downgrade the tv that is starting a new 12 month contract. but I would be downgrading at todays prices. they guy could well say by the way those prices will go up in november, but he cant charge them for Sept and Oct ? is he going to write a 12 month contract that says 2 months at £x, £10 months at £x+3 ?
BUT soon after that I will get a price rise letter
and surely my right to make a change because of that begins when I receive that price rise letter, and what may have done up to the day before that , is not relevant ?
or is the price rise loophole just a stay or leave without penalty binary option, and not an invitation to re-tweak
PS - what days/hours is the retentions dept staffed. Can I do nothing until Tuesday now ?
we got around to analysing all of our series links and cross referencing to a list TV channels for each of M, M+, L, XL
we would not miss giving up L & XL, but that breaks the Big Kahuna bundling so unsure how much they would let me save
Also I am a tad confused re tivo pricing. I thought we used to pay £5 per month for the box , back when our services were unbundled, but Tivo is advertised as completely free, nowadays, so is that charge only for having more that one box ?
if I am just dropping TV L, XL is it still better to talk to retentions rather than the regular " change your service" guys