Menu
cybmole
Community elder
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

IF I get rid of tivo service...

.. is it a 30 day notice period, or does the box stop working as soon as I do the deal & put the phone down.

does a man come around to take it away , or do VM send a box to ship it back in, or do they never actually get around to doing that

I am thinking that 30 days is enough to binge watch what is already recorded, if we can be sure of getting those 30 days

I think that when you add / remove tv channels that is almost instant, but maybe for the entire service it's different rules. I'd be keeping broadband and phone

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: IF I get rid of tivo service...

It's a 30 days period before it gets discontinued and there's a 14 day period in which you can change your mind about discontinuing Tivo.

They send you out packaging to return unused equipment no postal charges are required.

You can hold on to Broadband and phone as your new package.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

that is good to know thanks. I am waiting on 2 things before I phone in

1. my price rise letter, assuming that I'll be getting one

2. more clarity on the tivo software upgrade fiasco. e.g. will I be struck by this soon, or is it just an unfortunate few, are VM on the case and fixing it, is the rollout on hold, is there going to be a rollback option...

on a £72 kahuna package, how much of that is the TV XL + Tivo component , do you think ?

looking at contact options. I can ADD channels via the TIvo menu, but I don';t think I can remove channels that way. same for logging into my acount... it only allows for Upgrades, not downgrades

I would like to be able to get prices for options  with no decide now phone call pressures

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@ cybmole

Dial 150 to upgrade or downgrade your package and you will get informed of the new price and what you pay will be confirmed on phone and by email, you don't have to wait for a letter, still takes 30 days before completion.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes but I don't want to decide today or wear out my welcome.

I have the planned script in my head: " just got your price rise letter dated ..... and I can no longer afford to stay on this deal.... "

I'd just like some idea of a target price to try to negotiate down to...

I also figure , the more customers they lose over the next couple of weeks due ot the price rise and the Tivo woes , the better the deals may become

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

could I make 2 changes like this:

I call in now , and scale back on my TV packages ( don't mention or discuss the price rise), so I downgrade from XL to M+ for a small saving

Then when / if I get the price rise in November letter I am  allowed another change ? so if I then want to get rid of tivo completely I can do that with no penalty, using  the price rise as my get out of jail free card ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On your first call you would be re-contracted for 12 months on the new pricing.

When you made the second call, you would not be liable for the price increase, hence unable to cancel just TiVo. You would have to cancel the whole package and pay early disconnection fees.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i don't follow - the new pricing is not yet in effect, and legally  I have not been told of it.. reading it in the press does not count, I have to be told in writing.

so yes, if I call now say, or next week to downgrade the tv that is  starting a new 12 month contract. but I would be downgrading at todays prices. they guy could well say by the way those prices will go up in november, but he cant charge them for Sept and Oct ? is he going to write a 12 month contract that says 2 months at £x, £10 months at £x+3 ?

BUT soon after that I will get a price rise letter

and  surely my right to make a change because of that begins when I receive that price rise letter, and what may have done up to the day before that , is not relevant ?

or is the price rise loophole just a stay or leave without penalty binary option, and not an invitation to re-tweak

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PS - what days/hours is the retentions dept staffed. Can I do nothing until Tuesday now ?

we got around to analysing all of our series links and cross referencing to a list  TV channels for each of M, M+, L, XL 

we would not miss giving up L & XL, but that breaks the Big Kahuna bundling so unsure how much they would let me save

Also I am a tad confused re tivo pricing. I thought we used to pay £5 per month for the box , back when our services were unbundled,  but Tivo is advertised as completely free, nowadays, so is that charge only for having more that one box ?

if I am just dropping TV L, XL is it still better to talk to retentions rather than the regular " change your service" guys 

0 Kudos